Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Stylin' Tote Bag

It has been much ado about beads lately, so I thought I'd better show that I am still progressing through the wool supplies and actually finishing the odd project.



This crocheted tote bag has a flat bottom so ends up a nice size being able to hold many things. The flat bottom is worked by crocheting around the starting chain (as opposed to the one direction which is normal) which was new for me, so nice to pick up some new tips.

You can find the pattern for this "Stylin' Totebag" as well as a few other variations on CAP's Crochet & Crafts.

The wool I used is completely washable, so this tote bag should be good for all kinds of usage.

2 comments:

  1. You have been busy! That looks quite involved. Is it rigid enough so that sides stand up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really quite simple - the bag part worked up very quickly as you keep changing the pattern. The straps were the part that gave me grief - and I'm not sure why.

    Soft wool, so it won't really stand up on it's own, but I think that makes it nicer for carrying on your arm when not fully loaded.

    ReplyDelete