Thursday, July 21, 2011

Kaleidoscope Earrings

I haven't had pierced ears since about 1990, but these earrings are making me wish that I did. These little guys have all my favourite things - the liquid silver seed beads in large and small, the funky little square bead, some interesting crystals, and focal beads that remind me both of my favourite pop socks in the 70's and the windows of Notre Dame Cathedral.


They're light ... they're dangly ... and the best bit ... they're 'glowy'. Yes, I love these.

I think my favourites are the green ones. The crystal beads here came from an old and interesting necklace that I took apart. It's difficult to see in the photos, but they are the most interesting shape - kind of faceted meets square - and you can see a bit in this photo how they throw the light.

The Etsy journey continues, as bit by bit I'm adding items, discovering new things you can do, and getting things sorted away. I've even started a profile on Craftsy.

The next issue to revolve, and before I go much further, is how to easily identify the sea of boxes that I will be creating - especially the tiny earring boxes. It is nice, though, to be getting a grip on what I have. Reminder to self: slow and steady.

No comments:

Post a Comment