Sunday, November 27, 2011

1991 Revisited

The back of these painted ceramic ornaments say "Jane '91" which means they are twenty years old! Can you believe it?




And all these years I've been badly mistreating them with bent wire hangers - I am lucky they have lasted so well without any chipped paint. It would appear that the glazes you could buy back then were super industrial strength, so I'm sure that helped.

As the decorations come out I figured I'd slowly but surely upgrade them with pretty beaded hangers. They should package away much more nicely - and I'll start of course with some of my home made goodies.

Through the process of hanging things on the tree, I'm opting for a shorter hanging loop. One of the things I liked about the wire hangers was the ability to position these flat ornaments, and I was concerned about that, but at this length they seem to hang nicely facing out.

In other news ... the tree skirts are seeing their first Christmas and the fans approve.

No comments:

Post a Comment